Friday, July 28, 2017

Loving Life

Yesterday, I "found" a new fabric store near me.  I was amazed at the selections - and the wonderful prices.  (If you haven't been to the Fabric Shack in Waynesville, Ohio, go! Go NOW!)

I did buy a quilt kit yesterday because it was gorgeous but I resisted buying a Charm Pack of the most beautiful fabrics. Well, today, I realized I needed another fat quarter of yellow for the current quilt so I decided to hop over to Waynesville. Bad idea for me!  I just couldn't resist this time.  I ended up buying 2 Charm packs and enough coordinating material to create a full size quilt - border and backing.  ARGH!  I'm not exactly what pattern I'll do yet, but I just had to have it.

But, the point of this post - as seen by the title - is that as I was driving home, on a beautiful day, after picking up beautiful fabric and yarn (ok, I stopped in a yarn store too even though I swore I wouldn't), I realized that I love my life.

Let me say that again - I LOVE MY LIFE!  I am not rich, I need to lose weight (lots and lots), I'm not someone that would be described as beautiful any longer, but....

I have a wonderful husband that puts up with me (for 32 years now), a fantastic son (even though I don't see him enough), I have my house with my front porch that I love, I have a crazy dog that I love (most of the time), and I'm retired.  What more can a person ask for? Sure, I would love more money - who wouldn't? Sure, I want to be slim again (working on it), Sure, I would like a fancier house. But when I look at all I do have - I am truly blessed. So - I love my life! And, I'm happy to be able to say that.  

Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment