Sunday, July 30, 2017

Exhausted

I know people will think I'm complaining when I say this but I'm really not...but I'M EXHAUSTED!  You wouldn't think that retirement could be so exhausting but wow.  Still, I'm loving the freedom!

Let me explain...

I've been doing a lot of cutting and marking for the quilt I'm making.  I'm a little space-challenged but making the best of it.  But for some reason, when I'm cutting fabric, my shoulders just scream.  Now, I have really bad shoulders as it is but wow, cutting just tenses me up.  And marking fabric - same thing.  But, I don't trust myself to sew a straight line from corner to corner yet so mark, I must.

For some reason, too, whenever I set at my sewing table and work, my ankle swells up like you would not believe. Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal but in the past, whenever I'd had swollen ankles, I've had blood clots.  So I get a little paranoid - even though I am certain the Warfarin is doing its job.

I'm doing good on the quilt - I should have all the small squares done by tomorrow then I get the challenge of trying to match up seams to make the big squares.  After that, I have to lay them out and see where I want them to go in the big scheme of things.  I need to get some type of wall thing to place the pieces on - but Lord know where I'll hand it!  :)  But, I'll figure it out somehow...and my hubby is always good for creative ideas with that kind of thing!  (thank goodness for his support in this new hobby).

Well, my shoulders are a little better now so back to marking. Yea!  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment