Monday, September 4, 2017

Catching Up

It's been a while since I posted so I thought I'd catch up with the whole retirement thing.

I've been keeping busy!  Some would say that I'm not doing anything meaningful but I think I am. I'm learning to quilt and it is finally coming together. I'm re-learning to knit - and almost done with a simple scarf. I'm crocheting! I'm having FUN!

I am thinking about doing some volunteer work ~ more of the office type of thing but I have so many doctor appointments and quilt classes that I don't want to volunteer and then not be able to keep commitments. So, for at least a few more weeks, I'll hold tight before I make that move.

I found that I have a real addiction to yarn and fabric. Seems like I just can't stop buying. There's a sweet little yarn store not too far from me that is going out of business next week. Although I'm sorry to hear that (because I just found it about a month ago), I was happy to reap the benefits of the 'going out of business' sales. Hubby actually went with me and we bought a BUNCH of yarn to make some type of rainbow colored afghan. Or at least as close to rainbow colors as I could get without realizing that indigo is not the same as dark blue - it is deep violet.  OOPS!  But it will still look good.

I haven't had much porch time lately - weather took a cold turn with the remnants of Hurricane Harvey ~ and the start of fall. But yesterday, we did get the chance to sit outside. Might be able to do the same today. It's supposed to be a hot one before it turns cold again next week. (I guess cold is a relative term - it will be in the low 60's but compared to 80s, it's cold.)

Oh well, off to listen to free classes from Craftsy.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment