Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Six Months Retired

It's been almost a month since I last posted. I reached my 6 month retirement anniversary at the end of September! And I'm loving it. 

A good friend told me that I would end up very busy. I didn't believe him at first ~ especially that first month or so but now...I am busy with different things but most of all, I'm happy. Retirement was not something that I chose at the time but when given a fantastic offer, one needs to just take the plunge ~ and I'm so glad I did.

I'm filling my days with crafts. I've become obsessed with quilting and although I'm still at that really sucky stage, I know I'll get better with time ~ and I'm really enjoying it. I told the owner of the quilt shop I frequent that different ideas just keep swirling around in my mind. I cannot turn it off. (Unfortunately, at this point, not all ideas turn out quite like I imagine them but that's ok. Each attempt is a learning experience for me.

I start Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) tomorrow. I've thought about doing this for some time. I've never done any bible study before and it seems like it would be interesting. My mother-in-law actually taught classes for BSF in Atlanta and North Carolina and she loved it. So we'll see how tomorrow goes. Apparently, we'll be studying the book of Romans. I'll be a few weeks behind since it started in September, but that's ok.

I also have a ton of yarn that I bought when a local yarn store went out of business so I need to get going on the whole crochet/knit thing too!  

Some may think that I'm not involved in anything worthwhile or meaningful but I say "phooey" to them. I'm happy, my husband likes the stuff I make, and I'm learning new skills. Who could ask for more?  Not me!

So, if you are ever offered the chance to retire ~ and you can manage it from a finance standpoint ~ go for it! It is wonderful.

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment