Thursday, November 2, 2017

Post Retirement Happenings

Who knew? I never thought I would actually be busy after retirement but I am. It's not the same type of busy as if I were working, but busy none the less.

I decided to get involved with Bible Study and found a local (kinda) Bible Study Fellowship chapter. WOW! Talk about intense. In total, there are about 400 women that come every Wednesday. We're broken up into small groups of about 15 and go our answers to the prior week's study. They're studying Romans for the whole session (30 weeks). Yes - one book for 30 weeks. It's very in-depth. My MIL used to attend in Atlanta and then NC and became a teaching leader so I had a good idea of what all it entailed. For someone without a lot of bible background, it is pretty overwhelming but I am glad I am doing it. I'm learning a lot.

The rest of my "busy" is my standing weight-loss appointment every Tuesday. I leave at 9:30 and don't get back until about 1:00. But it's been a productive venture ~ 43.4 lbs so far and that's in 12 weeks. Not too bad!

I'm taking a TON of quilting classes. I have a new class about every 2 weeks or so. and inbetween, I'm usually in front of the machine attempting to put things together. If not that, I'm crocheting or knitting.

To someone working, it doesn't seem busy and it is truly not comparable. But, for me, it's great! Most days, I go to bed late and get up even later and pretty much do what I want. No schedules for the most part. And when it is a beautiful day, nothing beats being out and about! I love it.

I highly recommend retirement to everyone! VRO was a wonderful thing for me.   :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment