Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Meeting Old Friends

This has been a good month. I've been down to Blue Ash several times in the past month to meet up with some old teammates and friends. It's been really nice to catch up!

As I expected, there a quite a few people that I really don't hear from or catch up with. It's normal. But there are always those people that you work to keep the friendship going. So it's been fun to see them. In fact, I'm heading down again tomorrow for lunch. I was debating if that was a wise choice since it is the heavy travel day for Thanksgiving but hopefully, I'll be home before the worst of the traffic hits.

Unfortunately, I have to hit the grocery store tomorrow too.  ARGH! I really don't like to go to the store on the day before Thanksgiving. But, I was not feeling good today, so that makes tomorrow the shopping day for me. Fortunately, I don't have to get much but still...

We're having a very low key Thanksgiving - just me and my hubby. Our son is coming over at some point but no plans made yet - so I don't know if he'll be eating with us or not - or if the kids will be coming along. We're having a pretty diet-friendly meal ~ turkey, green beans, salad. I did get some mashed potatoes for Tim but no dressing, no noodles. If I don't make them, I can't eat them!

Every day I am so very thankful for the great opportunity I had to retire early. It wasn't something I wanted but I am enjoying it so much. Thank you so much Kroger, for the cool opportunity! It has turned out so much better than I ever expected!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment